Data Attribute is any general characteristic or property that can be associated with a specific collection of data. Explicitly defined data attributes provide context that guides on the further use of data and can be considered as a type of Metadata.
- Importance. The relevance of a datum in a given context. Helps determine the impact of Missing Data
- Confidentiality. The ability to disclose given data to various parties.
- Temporality. The temporal nature of the data (refering to historical, current or future states)
- Variability. The static or dynamic (changing nature of data)
- Statistical Type. The nature of a dataset from a distributional perspective as defined by its range (Numerical Variable, Categorical Variable)