About the Open Risk Manual
100px The Open Risk Manual is an open online repository of information for risk management developed and maintained by Open Risk and contributing Authors. The objective is to create a comprehensive, detailed, authoritative collection of risk management resources that are easily accessible by anybody, anywhere - well, network access is required! You can read more about the concept here.
The Manual is primarily a technical resource, constructed by and for professional risk managers but open to anybody interested in understanding this important knowledge domain. The knowledge base spans in principle the entire range of risk management practice, including financial risk management and its more specialized quantitative approaches. You can read more about the types of resources included in the Manual here.
All content of the Open Risk Manual is available under a Creative Commons Attribution - NonCommercial - NoDerivatives 4.0 International Public License
The table below organizes some of the currently available risk manual articles in a convenient set of categories. Keep in mind that an article can appear in several categories (and there are many more categories than those in the table!).
Looking for significant latest additions? Here we showcase various individual risk manual entries or collections of such entries:
- Expanded subcategory of Loss Given Default including a catalog of Loss Given Default Models
- Whats up with CPM? Best Practices in Credit Portfolio Management
- Sometimes a single phrase is worth more than a whole book: The collection of Risk Management One-Liners
- Catalog of Credit Scoring Models
- Don't embark building quantitative risk models without consulting the Zen of Modeling
- List of Open Source Risk Quantification, collection of various open source risk quantification efforts (across risk types)
- Articles about the upcoming new IFRS 9 and CECL accounting standards for the reporting of credit assets
- Catalog of Fintech Risk Events
- Risk Concentration Indexes , A collection of articles covering the variety of different concentration, diversification and inequality indexes
- Open Risk Data, An inventory of Open Data sources that can be used for risk management purposes
Besides searching for articles by keyword, the Open Risk Manual offers a number of options to browse using visual category trees
- Browse by Risk Type, as classified according to a Risk Taxonomy
- Browse using the Periodic Table of Risk, with a focus on the elementary causes of risk
- Browse a Graphical Category tree
- Browse a Semantic Hierachy. Please note this page requires some time to load
If you are interested to contribute to the sibling effort of an open source risk platform please take a look here. Open Risk uses the Risk Manual also as repository of model documentation for the Open Risk Platform.