A GHG Project is any specific activity or set of activities intended to
- reduce GHG Emissions
- increase the storage of carbon, or
- enhance GHG removals from the atmosphere.
The changes in GHG emissions, removals or storage are called GHG Project Effects. A GHG project may be a stand-alone project or a component of a larger non-GHG project, and may be comprised of one or more project activities.
GHG Project Types
- Wind Power Project
- Solar Energy Project
- Energy Efficiency Project
- Transportation Fuel Project Project
- Industrial Fuel Switch Project
- Afforestation Project
- Forest Management Project
- Agricultural Project Tillage
- Landfill Gas (LFG) Project
- The GHG Protocol for Project Accounting, 2005