EBA NPL.Counterparty.Legal Type of Counterparty
Definition of Counterparty / Legal Type of Counterparty
Counterparty.Legal Type of Counterparty: Type of the Counterparty i.e. Private Individual, Listed Corporate, Unlisted Corporate and Partnership
- EBA Field Index 3.004
- Documentation Entry 17
"Legal Type of Counterparty" is the type of the Counterparty that determines their legal status. An unlisted corporate may have an unlimited number of shareholders to raise capital for any commercial venture.
The field type is a Choice field, which is populated by the list identified in the data field in Section 2, "Type of Sponsor". The following choices are available:
- (a) Listed Corporate is a Corporate entity whose shares are quoted and traded on a Stock Exchange
- (b) Unlisted Corporate is a Corporate entity whose shares are not quoted and traded on a stock exchange
- (c) Listed Fund is a fund whose shares are quoted and traded on a Stock exchange
- (d) Unlisted Fund is a fund whose shares are not quoted and traded on a Stock exchange
- (e) Partnership is where the Sponsor constitutes a group of individuals who form a legal partnership
- where profits and liabilities are shared
- (f) Private Individual
The field's importance for the Loan Tape is Critical.
The field belongs to the EBA NPL Counterparty Table.
The field applies to all of the 7 EBA NPL Asset Classes.
The field is applicable to all borrower types.
The field is Not Confidential
- This text is generated automatically. Do not edit manually!
- This information is provided as is. Refer to the EBA NPL Template for pointers to definitive instructions