Credit Risk Modeller
A Credit Risk Modeller is an individual developing models and tools for the assessment and management of Credit Risk.
- Credt risk modelling activity is a subset of Quantitative Risk Management.
- A credit risk modeller is a specialized type of Model Developer
Credit risk modellers will typically have a specialization linked to the particular type of Credit Portfolio they work with as this determines
- Retail models addressing individuals (physical persons as opposed to companies). A more specific term is Credit Scoring Modeller
- SME Lending addressing small and medium sized companies
- Corporate Lending models
Roles and Responsibilities
- Gathering Business Requirements around Credit Risk Models
- Credit Model Development
- Credit Model Validation
- Credit Model Deployment
- Credit Model Monitoring
Description of the abilities, proficiencies, know-hows, skills the a person must possess in order to carry out the risk management responsibilities
- Business Skills
- Technical Skills
- General Skills (Linguistic)
Indication as to whether the function is formally segmented into seniority levels (e.g. junior, senior) that have material skill / experience requirements and are not simply organizational arrangements.
Experience denotes the intangible qualities acquired by a person in the process of having performed certain functions in the past
- Required experience in related business models
- General work experience
Education denotes any formal and long duration training that is considered an important prerequisite for a role
- Educational level, e.g., university or college degree
- Subject matter of studies / Specialization
- Educational institution
Qualifications are formal certifications that a person fulfills some professional requirements
- Admittance to professional societies etc.