Business Continuity Communication
Business Continuity Communication is the ex-ante establishment of communication lines internally within an organization and externally with stakeholders and third parties to ensure frequent and effective exchange of information. It is a critical component of Business Continuity Management
Some focus elements in planning for emergency communications
- Review crisis communications protocols and logistics prior to a contingency event, such as drafting holding statements, etc.
- Ensure a variety of alternate communications options are available that could be used during a contingency event.
- Ensure contact information for Bank staff, customers and other constituents is accurate and updated.
- Anticipate customer information needs.
- During an event, ensure consistent and frequent communications
- Broadcasts over building speakers
- Emergency phones not tied to the Bank’s internal network
- Call Tree
- Automated notification system
- Texts and pin to pin messages
- Mobile internet connectivity devices (aircards)
- Satellite Phones
- Remote network connectivity
- Internet/Intranet access to information
- Emergency toll-free number
- Priority Calling
- Back-up chargers/power sources
- Business Continuity Planning and Crisis Management, FRBNY, 2015