About the Open Risk Manual
The Open Risk Manual is an open online repository of information for risk management developed and maintained by Open Risk and contributing Authors. The objective is to create a comprehensive, detailed, authoritative collection of risk management resources that are easily accessible by anybody, anywhere - well, network access is currently required! You can read more about the concept here.
The table below organizes some of the currently available risk manual articles in a convenient set of categories. Keep in mind that an article can appear in several categories (and there are many more categories than those in the table). Would you like to recommend a new category? Use the feedback button at the bottom of the page!
Looking for significant latest additions? Here we showcase individual Risk Manual entries or collections of such entries that have been added recently:
- New category and entries about Interest Rate Risk
- New category, taxonomy and entries about Climate-Related Risk
- New entry Risk Management Metaphors
- New entries in the Business Continuity sub-category of Operational Risk
- New entries in the Correlation Matrix Category, in particular the new Equity Correlation Matrix page
- A detailed comparison of the Python versus R Language ecosystems in particular as they can be used for quantitative risk management
- The ESMA Securitization Templates are now fully documented. You can explore via the ESMA Securitisation Template Category or the Tables Overview
- Updated List of IFRS 9 Modeling Resources and expanded comparison of IFRS 9 versus CECL
- What are Stress Scenarios and how are they structured
- Resources for building Credit Scoring in Python
Looking for recommended entry points to the Risk Manual? Here we list a selection of articles that provide introductions to diverse subject matters
- The Risk Management entry provides an introduction to the concept with pointers to its many subdomains and special emphasis on its major challenges
Besides searching for articles by keyword, the Open Risk Manual offers a number of options to browse using visual category trees
- Browse by Risk Type, as classified according to a Risk Taxonomy
- Browse using the Periodic Table of Risk, with a focus on elementary causes of risk
- Browse a Graphical Category tree
- Browse a Semantic Hierachy. Please note this page requires some time to load
If you are interested to contribute to the sibling effort of an open source risk platform please take a look here. Open Risk uses the Risk Manual also as repository of model documentation for the Open Risk Platform.