About the Open Risk Manual
The Open Risk Manual is an open online repository of information for risk management developed and maintained by Open Risk. Our objective is to create a comprehensive, detailed, authoritative collection of risk management resources that are easily accessible by anybody, anywhere - well, network access is currently required! You can read more about the Open Risk Manual concept here.
- You can provide short anonymous feedback on any page by clicking on the "Help improve this page" box at the end of every page.
- Alternatively you can also post and discuss pages in our Reddit Channel
- Questions? Check the Frequently Asked Questions for answers to common issues.
Risk Management Tidbits
- There is never only one cockroach is well know risk management wisdom. It suggests that any major Risk Event is likely indicative of an underlying condition that has generated it (and thus will likely generate more in the future). Contrast with Idiosyncratic Risk, an adverse outcome that is truly independent from other developments.
- You cannot manage what you cannot measure is one of many well known Risk Management One-Liners and the foundation of many a Risk Management Framework but beware of Bias: You might only seek to measure what you want to manage!
The United Nations General Assembly, in its resolution A/RES/65/271 of 7 April 2011, declared 12 April as the International Day of Human Space Flight to celebrate each year at the international level the beginning of the space era for mankind, reaffirming the important contribution of space science and technology in achieving sustainable development goals and increasing the well-being of States and peoples, as well as ensuring the realization of their aspiration to maintain outer space for peaceful purposes.
|Open Risk Manual||Open Risk Academy||Open Risk Dashboard|
|Open Risk Data||Open Risk Surveys||Open Risk Blog Posts|
|Risk Management Ontologies||Open Source Tools||Open Risk White Papers|
The tables below organize some of the currently available risk manual articles in a convenient set of categories. Keep in mind that an article can appear in several categories (and there are many more categories than those in the tables). Would you like to recommend a new category? Use the feedback button at the bottom of the page!
Credit Portfolio Management
The Credit Portfolio Management category covers all things credit. From the assessment of credit risk, the functioning and setup of firms granting credit to the relevant regulation and accounting standards.
New Products, Markets and Risks
These categories focus on new developments such as new markets, new products or emerging risks
Quantitative tools are indispensable in risk management and this collection of articles aims to make it easy to review the state-of-the-art in each area, promoting in particular the use of Open Data and Open Source tools.
General Risk Management and Regulation
General topics that touch all aspects of risk management
Besides searching for articles by keyword, the Open Risk Manual offers a number of options to browse using visual category trees
- Browse by Risk Type, as classified according to a Risk Taxonomy
- Browse using the Periodic Table of Risk, with a focus on elementary causes of risk
- Browse the subsets of articles aligned with the FIBO Taxonomy
- Browse a Semantic Hierachy. Please note this page requires some time to load
If you are interested to contribute to the sibling effort of an open source risk platform please take a look here. Open Risk uses the Risk Manual also as repository of model documentation for the Open Risk Platform.