About the Open Risk Manual
The Open Risk Manual is an open online repository of information for risk management developed and maintained by Open Risk and contributing Authors.
Our objective is to create a comprehensive, detailed, authoritative collection of risk management resources that are easily accessible by anybody, anywhere - well, network access is currently required! You can read more about the Open Risk Manual concept here.
- You can provide short anonymous feedback on any page by clicking on the "Help improve this page" box at the end of every page.
- You can extensively discuss a page by using the Page Tools (Click on the Triple Dots below the Pencil icon) (but you need to create a user account for this).
- Alternatively you can also post and discuss pages in our Reddit Channel
- Eager to go further and contribute to the Open Risk Manual? Many articles are awaitig expansion! They are grouped in the Awaiting Contributions
- Questions? Check the Frequently Asked Questions for answers to common issues.
|Open Risk Manual||Open Risk Academy||Open Risk Dashboard|
|Open Risk Data||Open Risk Surveys||Open Risk White Papers and Blog Posts|
|Risk Management Ontologies||Open Source Risk Models|
The tables below organize some of the currently available risk manual articles in a convenient set of categories. Keep in mind that an article can appear in several categories (and there are many more categories than those in the tables). Would you like to recommend a new category? Use the feedback button at the bottom of the page!
Credit Portfolio Management
The Credit Portfolio Management category covers all things credit. From the assessment of credit risk, the functioning and setup of firms granting credit to the relevant regulation and accounting standards.
New Products, Markets and Risks
These categories focus on new developments such as new markets, new products or emerging risks
Quantitative tools are indispensable in risk management and this collection of articles aims to make it easy to review the state-of-the-art in each area, promoting in particular the use of Open Data and Open Source tools.
General Risk Management and Regulation
General topics that touch all aspects of risk management
Besides searching for articles by keyword, the Open Risk Manual offers a number of options to browse using visual category trees
- Browse by Risk Type, as classified according to a Risk Taxonomy
- Browse using the Periodic Table of Risk, with a focus on elementary causes of risk
- Browse the subsets of articles aligned with the FIBO Taxonomy
- Browse a Semantic Hierachy. Please note this page requires some time to load
If you are interested to contribute to the sibling effort of an open source risk platform please take a look here. Open Risk uses the Risk Manual also as repository of model documentation for the Open Risk Platform.