About the Open Risk Manual
The Open Risk Manual is an open online repository of information for risk management developed and maintained by Open Risk and contributing Authors. The objective is to create a comprehensive, detailed, authoritative collection of risk management resources that are easily accessible by anybody, anywhere - well, network access is currently required! You can read more about the concept here.
Latest 10 Entries
Looking for significant latest additions? Here we showcase individual Open Risk Manual entries or collections of such entries that have been added recently (Newest First):
- An experimental entry demonstrating the documentation of a complex Credit Event, namely the collapse of the Thomas Cook Group
- Glossary of Sustainable Finance and expansion of the Sustainable Finance category
- A detailed comparison of the Python versus R Language ecosystems in particular as they can be used for quantitative risk management (updated with many new entries)
- Improved organization of the Category:Risk Taxonomy and the Risk Taxonomy entry itself
- Additional entries about Climate-Related Risk and Scenario Analysis
- New collection focused on SME Credit Risk, serving also as documentation of the openRiskScore framework
- Update and expansion of entries around Roll Rates and Category:Transition Matrix methodologies
- New category and entries about Interest Rate Risk
- New entry Risk Management Metaphors
- New entries in the Business Continuity sub-category of Operational Risk
- New entries in the Correlation Matrix Category, in particular the new Equity Correlation Matrix page
The tables below organize some of the currently available risk manual articles in a convenient set of categories. Keep in mind that an article can appear in several categories (and there are many more categories than those in the tables). Would you like to recommend a new category? Use the feedback button at the bottom of the page!
Credit Portfolio Management
The Credit Portfolio Management category covers all things credit. From the assessment of credit risk, the functioning and setup of firms granting credit to the relevant regulation and accounting standards.
Quantitative tools are indispensable in risk management and this collection of articles aims to make it easy to review the state-of-the-art in each area, promoting in particular the use of Open Data and Open Source tools.
General Risk Management and Regulation
General topics that touch all aspects of risk management
New Products, Markets and Risks
These categories focus on new developments such as new markets, new products or emerging risks
Many articles are awaitig expansion! They are grouped in the Awaiting Contributions
Besides searching for articles by keyword, the Open Risk Manual offers a number of options to browse using visual category trees
- Browse by Risk Type, as classified according to a Risk Taxonomy
- Browse using the Periodic Table of Risk, with a focus on elementary causes of risk
- Browse the subsets of articles aligned with the FIBO Taxonomy
- Browse the entire Graphical Category tree
- Browse a Semantic Hierachy. Please note this page requires some time to load
If you are interested to contribute to the sibling effort of an open source risk platform please take a look here. Open Risk uses the Risk Manual also as repository of model documentation for the Open Risk Platform.