How to become a Contributor to the Risk Manual
- 1 Getting Started
- 1.1 How do I open an account?
- 1.2 How do I delete my account?
- 1.3 Why am I being logged out?
- 1.4 Why am I having trouble logging in?
- 1.5 How do I create a new page?
- 1.6 How do I edit a page?
- 1.7 I got an error message when submitting the edited page
- 1.8 What are the key features of the Creative Commons license
- First, make sure you understand the objectives and mode of operation of the Open Risk Manual. Most importantly that you agree to release any contributions under a Creative Commons License
- Request a Risk Manual account!
- If for whatever reason the self-registration does not work, send us an email to info at openrisk dot eu with your desired username / nickname. We will send you back confirmation of the account and a temporary password which you should change after your first login
- Log in by clicking on the upper right corner and entering your credentials
- Create your Author profile, see an example here
- Read the editing instructions
- Start a new article using (if appropriate) the manual template
- Use the Discussion Pages for issues or questions related to specific page content
- Use the Github Repository for issues or questions related to the wiki itself
- Have fun!
How do I open an account?
You are only required to have an Risk Manual account if you want to become an Author and contribute / edit the Risk Manual content. You can create an account by filling in the form. If there are any problems with the account creation process please contact us at: info at openrisk dot eu.
How do I delete my account?
Why am I being logged out?
After a period of inactivity the wiki will automatically log you out for security reasons
Why am I having trouble logging in?
We don't know. Contact us at info at openrisk dot eu with further details.
How do I create a new page?
You are required to have an Risk Manual account to create a new article.
How do I edit a page?
Editing most Manual pages is easy, just click the "Edit" tab at the top of a Manual page. This will take you to a new page with a text box containing the editable text of the page you were viewing. In this box, you can type in the text that you want to add, using wiki markup to format the text and add other elements like images and tables. When you have finished editing, you should write a short edit summary in the small field below the edit-box describing your changes. Further editing instructions are given here.
I got an error message when submitting the edited page
Occasionally, depending website activity and load, a submitted page might fail to be saved in the database which prompts an error message. Simply resubmitting should succeed. It is in any case a good idea to develop any longer contributions on a separate editor
What are the key features of the Creative Commons license
Content can be used freely and shared, subject to proper attribution. The content cannot be used for commercial purposes (you cannot charge other users for this content) and it cannot be branched into a derivative product.