Frequently Asked Questions
This is a list of frequently asked questions about using and contributing to the Risk Manual. If you have a question not covered in the FAQ pages please check the Forum or ask us directly.
- 1 How can I search the database?
- 2 Why does my search return no results?
- 3 How can I download a PDF version of an article?
- 4 How can I discuss one of the pages
- 5 There is a significant typo / error in one of the pages
- 6 The page I am interested in is largely incomplete
- 7 A certain article is too technical or obscure
- 8 A certain link does not work
- 9 How can I help with this amazing project?
- 10 How can I contact Open Risk?
How can I search the database?
Enter a search term in the search box located on the upper-right part of the wiki pages.
Why does my search return no results?
Your search may have been too vague and/or included many common terms which are not indexed. Try a different set of keywords
How can I download a PDF version of an article?
Click on the Printable Version link that you can find on the second strip just below the main navigation bar
How can I discuss one of the pages
Each page has is own Discussion page which can be accessed from the toolbox link (...) in the top navigation bar. You can view any discussion page but adding to the discussion requires that you register with the platform.
There is a significant typo / error in one of the pages
Please let us know of any major errors you may encounter. Even better, become a contributor and help us fix the problems!
The page I am interested in is largely incomplete
Various pages are still incomplete and are used as place-holders for developing a category of content. Use the feedback button to prioritise work on the most in-demand topics
A certain article is too technical or obscure
Some topics may be intrinsically very technical. The Open Risk Manual articles should strive to have at least basic non-technical description for all technical subjects. Leave the appropriate feedback to encourage authors to add non-technical discussions.
We regularly check the Manual for broken links but may miss something. Please indicate the page you found the broken link via the feedback button at the bottom.
How can I help with this amazing project?
Thank you for the feedback :-)
- If you have relevant expertise the best way is to become a contributing Author
- As a user, any feedback on improvements, topics of interests etc. will help make the Manual more useful
- Help spread the word!
How can I contact Open Risk?
See contact page for further information.